The Barbet, an ancient and versatile gun dog, is also the archetypal water dog of France. A Barbet has never met a puddle, lake, river or stream that he or she didn’t love. National Purebred Dog Day is both delighted and honored to welcome the Barbet Club of America as a sponsor of our May 1 Photo Challenge. The theme of their contest is, fittingly, “Come on In, The Water’s Fine!” The winner who most creatively interprets this challenge will win a $75 Amazon gift card.
There is no escaping the small print of a contest (also known as those darn rules). Failure to read this may result in disappointment if your photo is disqualified from consideration:
- This contest is open to residents of Canada and the US;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤️Purebred Dogs” sign
The “Happy National Purebred D❤️g Day sign
the “I ❤️My Purebred Dog” sign
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by the Barbet Club of America, for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which in this case is the “Come on In, The Water’s Fine!” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of when, where, and how to submit your picture can be seen here.
- Download the “I ❤️Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤️My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Most importantly, be sure that you and your dog model have fun!
Photo Contest 2018