It has long been a National Purebred Dog Day fantasy to link arms with our neighbors to the north in promoting purebred dogs, and so it is with tremendous honor that we announce the “How Do You Educate the Public” photo challenge sponsored by For the Love of Purebred Dogs, an independent initiative by members of the Canadian Kennel Club and their associates designed to endorse, support and maintain the integrity and purpose of the purebred dog. Because education is a significant mandate of FTLOPD, it is fitting that this contest challenges photographers to show our judges “how you educate the public about your dog’s breed, or about purebred dogs in general.” FTLOPD has donated a pair of official For the Love of Purebred Dogs hats. These are all-cotton caps with adjustable velcro closures, red lettered slogan on black. and white piping on the edge of the bill:
Every contest has annoying rules, and here are ours. Just don’t skip this part because failure to read the rules may result in disappointment if your photo is disqualified from consideration:
- This contest is open to residents of Canada and the US;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign
The “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day sign
the “I My Purebred Dog” sign
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by For the Love of Purebred Dogs for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which in this case is the “How Do You Educate the Public?” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of how, where, and when to submit your photo can be seen here.
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Most importantly, be sure that you and your dog model have fun!
Photo Contest 2018