The Port of Philadelphia was the principal gateway for Scottish Immigrants in the 1600’s and 1700’s, and this monument to them depicts a Scottish family led by its patriarch, his family, and their faithful Scottish Deerhound. The granite-based monument designed by sculptor,Terry Jones, is between South Front Street and Interstate 95 (West to East) between Chestnut Street and Sansom Street near the site of the Tun Tavern. As an aside, this was where the St. Andrew’s Society was founded in 1747. Its past members include original Supreme Court Justice, James Wilson, Rev. John Witherspoon, Philip Livingston, Thomas McKean and George Ross, uncle to Betsy Ross.