Everyone loves looking for something hidden in plain sight, and that’s why the ‘Where’s Waldo” series of books have endured in popularity. National Purebred Dog Day is sponsoring the “Where’s Waldo” photo contest that challenges you to hide your dog in plain sight. Does he blend into the couch? Is he the same texture as the rug? Is it hard to find your dog when s/he’s outside? The longer it takes our judges to find the dog in your photo entry, the better your chances at winning this challenge.
Our prize is a bundle of NPDD goodies, including our two most popular tote bags (one of which will be in the group name of your choice), a bumper sticker, and a Bella + Canvas T-shirt, size medium (note: These shirts run very small).
As with our other contests, photographers must abide by the pesky rules below (and take note of our tip about the “I ❤” signs):
The Pesky Rules:
- In this contest, your dog must be in plain sight in the photograph. S/he or she cannot be covered, hidden, or obstructed by his or her environment;
- This contest is open to residents of the United States only;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign;
The “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day sign;
The “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign;
or NPDD gear;
Special tip for this contest: Since you are trying to make it difficult for our judges hard to find the dog in the picture, we suggest that your placement of the sign or NPDD gear in the photograph not work against you. Think about where you place it!
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, bandana, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which is this case is the “Where’s Waldo” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of when, where, and how to submit your picture can be seen here.
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Special important tip: Have fun with this! Be safe, and make sure your dog has fun and is safe, too!
Our banner image photo credit: FolsomNatural via Photo pin using https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/“
Photo Contest 2018