National Purebred Dog Day welcomes the great folks at eFiTDOG as a new sponsor! They have donated four 6’ long soft, braided 1/2 inch thick nylon cord climbing rope leashes with bolt snap clips making these leashes soft, but durable, and lightweight, but tough – ideal for everyday walking and hiking. In keeping with this prize, the theme to this photo challenge is, “This is a Fine Mess” because the wrong leash (or worse, no leash at all) can make a “fine mess” of things if your dog gets tangled up or lost.
Every contest has annoying rules, and here are ours. Just don’t skip this part because failure to read the rules may result in disappointment if your photo is disqualified from consideration:
- This contest is open to US residents only;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign
The “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day sign
The “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by eFiTDOG for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which in this case is the “This is a Fine Mess” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation how, when, and where to submit your photo can be found here.
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- The most important rule of all for you and your dog? Be safe and have fun!
Photo Contest 2018