We are delighted to welcome back a supporter of National Purebred Dog Day, and of dogs that “do stuff,” Max 200. As a premier supplier of performance equipment for dogs that participate in agility, obedience, and flyball, Max 200 has generously donated a $25 gift certificate to their website, and to all the glorious equipment and product goodies on it.
We’re tapping into the world of agility for this photo challenge by using a common agility apparatus, the tunnel. Dogs go in, dogs come out, and sometimes using the same opening. We see only a moving bump when a dog is inside a tunnel – who knows what really goes on in a dog’s mind for the time that they’re in there. With this theme, we want you to imagine the dog’s tunnel fantasy. Have fun with this, be creative, surprise us! Tunnels come in different forms, you know.
That said, there is still annoying small print that you need to read to be compliant with the contest rules:
- This contest is open to residents of the United States only;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤️Purebred Dogs” sign;
The “Happy National Purebred D❤️g Day sign;
The “I ❤️My Purebred Dog” sign;
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, bandana, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by Max 200 for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which is this case is the “Tunnel of Love” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of when, where, and how to submit your picture can be read here;
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Most importantly, have fun, be safe, and make sure your dog has fun and is safe, too!
Photo Contest 2018