Family owned Spicewood Salt returns in 2018 as a favorite National Purebred Dog Day sponsor. Specializing in artisan salt blends using kosher salt with premium herbs and spices, Spicewood has created artisan salt blends that add subtle flavors to a wide range of food without overpowering the palate. Whether it’s the lighter fusion of Master Salt Blend (60% kosher sea salt and 40% herbs and spices), the Twisted Lime blend that gives chicken, fish, salads and — sublimely — a margarita glass rim a bright burst of citrus, or the Tuscan Rosemary Blend that adds old world flavor of rosemary, black pepper, garlic, onion, thyme and parsley to chicken, pork, potatoes, vegetables, pasta and stuffing dishes, food simply tastes better with Spicewood Salt. We know because we use it, ourselves!
As for our photo challenge, it’s rooted in the simple fact that dogs make our lives better, or, put another way, they “spice things up.” Appropriately, the theme of this contest is “Be the Spice of Life.” Your challenge is to translate this theme into a photograph. Creativity and imagination count, so come up with an idea that will stand out for our judges!
Here’s the small print you have to read in order to not screw up:
- This contest is open to residents of the United States only;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤️Purebred Dogs” sign
The “Happy National Purebred D❤️g Day sign
The “I ❤️My Purebred Dog” sign
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image; The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by Spicewood Salt for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which is this case is the “Be the Spice of Life” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of when, where, and how to submit your picture can be read here.
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Have fun! This contest celebrates our great purebred dogs, so have some giggles with your “models!”
Photo Contest 2018