National Purebred Dog Day® is delighted to welcome a new sponsor to its May 1 photo contest, the good folks at Tool Klean. If ever there was a good fit between a sponsor and the friends of National Purebred Dog Day who are fanciers and/or groomers, it’s Tool Klean.
Grooming tools can get exposed to a variety of germs, fungi, bacteria, flea eggs, and viruses, particularly when they’re used at dog shows (just think about where some of these shows are held). Worse, these unwanted “no-see-ems” can be transferred from one dog to another through blades, scissors, combs, and nail clippers even when we do our best to sterilize them with disinfectant, bleach, or peroxide. Tool Klean has a technology that uses glass beads to conduct heat and raise the temperature evenly, but high enough to kill the nasties on any metal grooming tool.
Tool Klean has put this technology in a small and compact form called the Hot Cup that can be used at home or the shop, and easily taken to dog shows. You simply add the glass beads to the sterilizer, plug in the unit, and when the indicator light turns green, put your tools in the cup. Twelve minutes after the unit hits 482 degrees Fahrenheit, it takes a mere 12 seconds for tools to be disinfected. Wow.
We are super excited to announce that Tool Klean is offering a Hot Cup as the prize for this challenge. Because “keeping it clean” is the business mandate, the name of this challenge is “Keep it Clean.” Given the nature of the prize, the winning photograph will have cleverly worked in the theme of keeping things germ free (but not in a medical setting because that’s too easy). How? That’s the challenge!
Now for the annoying small print you need to read to be compliant with the contest rules:
- This contest is open to residents of the United States only;
- No photoshopping! Our judges, David Frei, and Westminster Kennel Club photographer, Jack Grassa, must see what you actually shoot with your camera;
- One photo submission per person per contest challenge;
- The submitted photo must be taken for this contest. Old photographs won’t be considered;
- Your photo must include a purebred dog;
- Your sign must also include one of the following:
The “I ❤️Purebred Dogs” sign
The “Happy National Purebred D❤️g Day sign
The “I ❤️My Purebred Dog” sign
- You can download and print these signs from the files linked below, or you can make your own sign. You may also substitute the sign with an official NPDD t-shirt, tote bag, hat or bumper sticker, all of which are available here.
- Do not photoshop the “I ❤Purebred Dogs, “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” or “I ❤My Purebred Dog” on top of your image. The signs or NPDD gear must be part of the photo shoot;
- Many people may help you take your picture, but the prize goes to the person submitting the winning photograph. Judges decisions are final;
- A photo submission implies consent that it may be shared on NPDD’s various social media platforms, and by Tool Klean for promotional use;
- When submitting your photo on Facebook, you must indicate the name of the photo challenge you are entering, which is this case is the “Keep It Clean” Photo Challenge;
- This contest happens on May 1. A full explanation of when, where, and how to submit your picture can be read here.
- Download the “I ❤Purebred Dogs” sign here;
- Download the “Happy National Purebred D❤g Day” here;
- Download the “I ❤My Purebred Dog” sign here;
- Most importantly, have fun, and make sure your dog has fun!
Photo Contest 2018